The mission of Living Well Group is to create a model of whole-person elder care that honors, respects, and elevates each individual while redefining aging in America.
True healthy and happy living is based not only on the care we give our bodies, but also the care we give our minds, emotions and spirits.
At Living Well Group we believe in endless possibilities, potential and vitality for our residents. Our philosophy of conscious aging promotes a new journey that offers our residents opportunities to grow, learn, share, thrive, build confidence and become healthier. At Living Well Residences, we do not see aging as an illness defined by limitations, but instead by potential that can be achieved through love and encouragement.
Key services such as:
- Medication management
- 24-hour care supervision
- Nursing oversight
- Assistance with activities of daily living
- Three meals a day and snacks
- Transportation to doctor’s appointments
- Engagement in meaningful activities and programs
- Housekeeping and laundry services
- Hair salon
- Private rooms
- Art, music, movement therapies
- Guided meditation
Our vision is the basis of our endeavors, a single facet of a broader purpose, to redefine what it means to age in America. It is said that it takes a village to raise a child. We understand that it takes no less to uphold our elders.
Living Well Group became a nonprofit organization in 2004 when founders Dee Deluca and Paul Kervick decided to pro-actively address the fact that an entire segment of our population’s historical knowledge, wealth of experience, dynamic stories, and ongoing contributions were not being fully realized. They gathered together a group of people committed to creating communities of care that revolved around the principles of security, health, dignity, self-fulfillment, and joy.
Living Well Group offers compassionate, innovative programming with a focus on wellbeing and ecological responsibility, including: Art, music, and movement therapies; Promoting wellness through quality nutrition and integrative approaches to physical health; and Population-based care for Veterans.
Living Well Group has received the following awards and recognitions:
- Governor’s Excellence Award as the state’s Program Champion, recognized as an “extraordinary role model for healthy aging.”
- Employer of the Year Award from Vermont Division of Vocational Rehabilitation
- Vermont Health Care Association (VHCA)
- Annual Award for Chef/Alchemist Culinary Team
- LNA of the Year Award
- Activity Director of the Year
- Outstanding Residential Care Social Services Manager
- Volunteer of the Year
- Laundress of the Year Award
- Maintenance Director of the Year Award
- Super Chef champion
- Living Well Group’s collaborative public health project with the Robert Larner College of Medicine was selected for presentation at the Aging & Public Health program of the American Public Health Association’s Annual Meeting and Expo in 2019
Board of Directors
Community Engagement Consultant
Assistant Professor of Nursing – Colorado Mesa University
Editorial Director for construction trade media, retired